If you are from the UK and are looking the best mattress for chronic pain, then we encourage you to check out our Emma mattress review here.
Emma was established by a group of people in Frankfurt, Germany in 2015. The award-winning business now provides products to 17 countries across three continents, based on their designs on thorough study.
Presently, Emma manufactures three items that include a mattress and mattress protector and the mattress.
The Emma Mattress is designed to provide an ideal alignment of the spine with its patent-pending technologies and the best materials.
The 12-inch mattress is comprised with three foam layers. It is rated at 6 on the 10 point range of firmness, giving it a medium-firm feel.
- 1 Emma Mattress Overview
- 2 Emma Mattress Video Summary
- 3 Who Would Like The Emma Mattress
- 4 Emma Mattress Construction
- 5 Emma Mattress Firmness
- 6 Certipur US Foams
- 7 Temperature
- 8 Motion Isolation
- 9 Edge Support
- 10 Off-Gassing
- 11 Emma Mattress Pricing
- 12 Sleep Trial
- 13 Warranty
- 14 Shipping
- 15 Payments & Financing
- 16 Emma Vs Nectar
- 17 Emma vs Puffy
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions
Emma Mattress Overview
Emma Mattress is a medium firm modelthat scores approximately 6.8 on the 10 point scale of firmness. This places this Emma Mattress on the firmer side of the range, which is what many sleepers are inclined to prefer.
The air can circulate around the mattress cover, allowing it to cool the sleeping surface. The cover is made up of a mixture of elastane and polyester. The cover is removable and washed with the machine.
An 1.5-inch thickness of Airgocell polyfoam acts as the initial layer of the system of comfort. The material adjusts to the contours of the sleeper’s body in order to ease pressure points. Its open-cell structure permits enough airflow to distribute heat. After that, a 2-inch thick layer of memory foam is shaped deeper to reduce the pressure buildup.
The support core comprises the 8-inch polyfoam. This layer strengthens the mattress’s surface and reduces sinkage. The cutouts in the mattress are specifically designed to improve spinal alignment by providing support to the lower back.
Emma Mattress Video Summary
Who Would Like The Emma Mattress
- For those who want the feel of a soft or medium-soft mattress: Emma is a good choice. Emma is a mattress that is soft and it does offer a decent amount of bounce that makes it easy to push on the bed. If you like the feel of an cushioned mattress or prefer something that is comfortable, the Emma might be a good choice for those.
- Side sleepers: Sleepers who are side-sleeping usually wish for a bed that offers some comfort and softness and the Emma certainly provides the perfect combination of. Its soft and comfortable top layer and its zoned construction, users will feel relaxed and comfortable, with minimal stress on their shoulders or hips.
- Medium or light-weight back sleepers: If one isn’t too heavy, they will feel Emma Emma to be comfortable enough to allow back sleep. The zoning offers good back support and the top layer provides some contouring as well.
- Hot sleepers: The main disadvantages in memory foam is the fact that you could make people hot all through the night. But the Emma has open-cell foam as well as certain air channels, so the mattress won’t absorb excessive heat.
Emma Mattress Construction
Its Emma mattress is composed of an mixture of Airgocell foam memory foam, airgocell foam, and dense polyfoamto offer sleepers high-quality pressure relief, body contouring and sinkage. In addition, zones of support in these foam layers assist in balancing all that softness while providing important structure.
To find out what the bed is actually about we’ll take a closer look at the individual layers in one at a.
Cover: It is made from an basic polyester blend that has the added benefit of being washable and removable. Polyester is commonly used in mattress covers due to its breathability as well as its natural heat-dispersing capabilities, and Emma has taken the wise decision to not reinvent the wheel here.
Comfort Layer: The bed’s top layer is made up of 1.5 inches of Airgocell foam that reacts rapidly when pressure is applied and will give the sleeper immediate relief from tension. The layer also promotes airflow and breathability, due to the open-pore structure.
Contour Layer: When you descend into the layer of contour there are 2 inches of memory foam cushioned. Popular among sleepers on side due to its softness and pressure relief Memory foam is known for its sinkage and slow reaction to movements (thus its name). Because the comfort layer is comprised of fast-responding Airgocell foam, while the contour layer below is comprised of memory foam that has a slow response These two layers in combination create a striking equilibrium that supports the sleeper, but not restricting the movement too significantly.
Foundation Layer: The base layer of this mattress is 8 inches of high-density polyfoam. As with the comfort layer over it, the tough and sturdy layer in this section works to counteract the soft memory foam’s soft contouring. The use of support channels that are zoned can provide a more comfortable sleep experience and provides varying levels of cushioning and lift across the mattress, thereby promoting the alignment of the spine.
Emma Mattress Firmness
Emma Mattress has a medium firmness that allows the body to sink slightly in the bed, thereby keeping the spine aligned and providing just the proper degree of support for the body.
However, this mattress’s firmness can be customizable!
Once you have your mattress, try it for a few days.
If you aren’t comfortable, then you can reach out and they will give you a complimentary memory foam comfort layer; whether firm or soft. and allow you to tailor the mattress to suit your needs and increase your satisfaction!
Certipur US Foams
All of the foams used in the Emma mattress are CertiPUR-US certified.
What this means for you, is that you can rest easy, knowing that your mattresses are:
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDE flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead and other heavy metals.
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Made without chlorofluorocarbons
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)
- Performance tested
Although foam mattresses can be prone to hold heat however, the Emma Mattress has cooling features that allow it to rest cooler than other models that are available.
The cover allows air to circulate throughout it, which aids in regulating the temperature.
Airgocell polyfoam on that topmost layer is an open cell structure, meaning that air can also penetrate into the upper layer. This airflow helps in the dispersal of heat from the mattress.
Its memory foam layers can retain heat, but with a layer of polyfoam that is breathable which separates the sleeper from memory foam, most people will not notice any heat buildup.
People who rest hot will feel that the Emma Mattress is cool and comfy.
You’ll happy to be aware it’s true that the Emma mattress is able to block motion extremely well.
The mix of several foam layers greatly minimizes motion transfer, allowing sleepers to experience a relaxing and refreshing sleep all night.
It also produces minimal noise as you move the position, which makes it ideal for couples and sleepers who are light.
Like most memory foam mattresses, the edge support could be a little better.
This is not an issue isolated to Emma, as memory foam is known to collapse easier on the edges, than hybrid mattresses.
What does this mean?
There could be better options for couples – unless you’re set on memory foam only.
If that’s the case, then Emma performs as well as any with the edge support.
As with other products that are made in factories and mattresses, they often carry manufacturing smells.
This is especially prevalent for all-foam mattresses that are shipped compressed, as the smells don’t have the time to evaporate.
It is likely that the Emma Mattress is likely to be smelling similar to other similar models. Due to its air-tight structure, these smells might disappear more quickly.
The typical expectation is for that a brand new mattress will finish off-gassing within a couple days.
If you are not happy with the smell, you may want to let the mattress air out in a room that is well ventilated to ensure that the process remains finished.
Emma Mattress Pricing
The table below shows you the current pricing with our deal.
|Twin||38″ x 75″||12″||35 lbs.||$799|
|Twin XL||38″x 80″||12″||37 lbs.||$899|
|Full||54″ x 75″||12″||48 lbs.||$1,099|
|Queen||60″ x 80″||12″||58 lbs.||$1,299|
|King||76″ x 80″||12″||72 lbs.||$1,449|
|California King||72″ x 84″||12″||72 lbs.||$1,449|
Emma has recently changed their sleep trial from 100 days to 200 days.
If you find that you are not completely satisfied during this time period, you can return your Emma mattress free of charge, for a full refund.
We recommend you trying any mattress for at least 50 nights, before making this decision.
Emma mattress offers a 10 year warranty on their mattresses, from material flaws or manufacturer defects.
This is right in line with most mattress vendors, although other companies offer lifetime warranties.
Emma works with UPS and FedEx , to ship your products straight from our warehouse to your front door.
For customers purchasing a mattress to be delivered in the state of California, you can reach out to our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for the collection of your old mattress.
Payments & Financing
Emma accepts payments from Debit Card, PayPal, MasterCard and Visa.
They also offer 0% financing and DivideBuy – which allows you to make payments on your Emma mattress.
Emma Vs Nectar
- Memory foam is often priced higher prices, but Nectar is an excellent affordable choice!
- The Nectar mattress comes with the 5ins of memory foam, which makes it perfect for those who are side-sleeping wanting to sink into their bed.
- The Nectar is definitely more firm in comparison to the Emma and is 7/10 on the firmness scale of the mattress.
- If you’re struggling with joint arthritis or joint pain, I suggest looking into the Nectar.
- For more details you can read my full Nectar mattress review..
Emma vs Puffy
- While the Emma is cooling however, if you’re concerned about your mattress becoming too hot, you may be interested in the Puffy mattress, which is a less breathable memory foam alternative.
- The Puffy is an USA produced product while the Emma is produced in Germany.
- There are two mattresses: Puffy as well as the Emma mattress are quite similar in cost.
- Take a look at my complete puffy mattress review to find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Emma mattress come with a sleep test?
The Emma mattress is backed by the 100-night trial.
Does the Emma comes with a warranty on the mattress?
Yes! The new Emma mattress will be covered by a 10 years of warranty.
What happens when the Emma mattress get shipped?
Emma Emma is a bed-in-a box, which means that it’ll be shipped directly from the warehouse to your door. Emma is free to ship via UPS as well as FedEx.